Top 10 Technology Trends and Design strategies
Trends are categorized into three themes which are:
Focuses on AI (Artificial Intelligence) usage for enhancing device efficiency and simplifying usages by adding near-human intelligence to the devices.
The coming years will see AI sleeping virtually in every layer of technology which will open up the Pandora box for new technology categories. Under this theme, the following trends as mentioned below will be included.
- AI Foundation
- Intelligent Apps and Analytics
- Intelligent Things
Using Al for well-scoped and targeted purposes delivers more flexible, insightful and increasingly autonomous systems.
Focuses on blending the digital and physical worlds to create a natural and immersive, digitally enhanced experience. Under this theme, the following trends as mentioned below will be included.
- Digital Twin
- Cloud to the Edge
- Conversational Platforms
- Immersive Experience
Digital trends, along with opportunities enabled by Al, are driving the next generation of digital business and the creation of digital business ecosystems.
Refers to exploiting connections between an expanding set of people and businesses – as well as devices, content and services – to deliver digital business outcomes.
- Continuous Adaptive Risk and Trust
The mesh demands new capabilities that reduce friction, provide in-depth security and respond to events across these connections.
Design Consultants focusing on state of art ICT design to comply with EA (Enterprise Architecture) must:
- Use AI-enabled devices and applications for designs for the upcoming business scenarios
- Focus on enhancing the user experience by designing platforms which are conversational, virtual and has a flavour of augmented and virtual reality in it
- Support IoT(Internet of Things) initiatives using the concept of edge analytics, cloud computing in synergy
- Design a security and risk policy facilitated by Analytics and AI(artificial intelligence) helping the devices and applications to adapt to risk enabled environments. The same will ensure optimum protection to the physical and wireless networks in work.
Overview of Future networks
Overview of Future Network speeds
POE and POH details
Technology Trends related to UTP Cabling
Category 6A in the enterprise space is projected to grow 49% annually through 2019!
Technology Trends related to DC Infra Cabling
- OM3/OM4 typically installed for 10G backbones up to 300/500 m
- Multimode total system cost lower than single-mode
- Horizontal bandwidth >1 Gb/s prompting customer planning for 40/100G
- WBMMF (OM5) in early-adopter stage by customers considering 100G and beyond
Technology Trends related to DC (Data Center)
NGDC NETWORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Simplification, Standardization and Modularity
- Virtualization and Containers
- Automation and DevOps/NetOps
- Improved Visibility and Troubleshooting
- Open Hardware Platforms
NGDC TECHNOLOGY TRENDS GOING FORWARD
- Disaggregation and White box
- Virtualization, Overlays and OpenStack
- 2-stage Leaf-spine Clos-Fabrics with ECMP and Pods
- SDN, Policy and Intent
- Big Data and Analytics
Cyber Security Threats
Innovations in the industry to protect the data from the risk of getting hacked is always in the centre stage considering the security threats in the virtual world. Having analysed the current scenario we feel that following security threats will dominate the industry. They are:
- The ransomware business model will still be a cybercrime mainstay in 2018, while other forms of digital extortion will gain more ground.
- Cybercriminals will explore new ways to abuse IoT devices for their own gain.
- Global losses from Business Email Compromise scams will exceed $9 billion in 2018.
- Cyber propaganda campaigns will be refined using tried-and-tested techniques from past spam campaigns.
- Threat actors will ride on Machine Learning and Blockchain technologies to expand their evasion techniques.
- Enterprise applications and platforms will be at risk of manipulation and vulnerabilities.
Physical Security Trends – (Surveillance and Access)
Physical security plays an important role in protecting the assets and also provides the required evidence as and when required.
Apart from the same it also authenticates access and thereby helps to stop unauthorised evasion.
With the enhancements of high resolutions video modes, better compression techniques and enhanced biometric algorithms the convergence of physical security is a step forward to protecting your assets in a better way and we have analysed some trends which might rule the physical security market. They are:
- Tight integration of surveillance and access control network for manageability and operational requirements.
- Processing at the edge for reducing the load on the networks and transmitting the data securely in the encrypted manner post-processing on the network.
- The device with the capability of for Deep and Machine Learning will rule as the same will improve analytic feature outcomes by reducing false alarms.
- Patching of Firmware and Application vulnerabilities to make edge devices prone to Cyber-attacks.
- Use of Blockchain for content and device authentication.
- Use of non-visual sensor to give a multidimensional view of the location under surveillance.
- Security will be offered as a Service over Cloud.
- Analytics will be more precise and will enhance its spread. Predictive Analytics will rule the market in 2018-19.
- Physical Identity & Access Management (PIAM) will drive the convergence of physical and digital security to a single credential, putting identity at the centre of all use cases.
- Data analytics will drive risk-based intelligence for predictive models and new capabilities.
- Mobile access reaches the tipping point for mass-market adoption.
- Biometric will be the way ahead and in that dual-factor, authentication will be promoted.
- Wireless /Offline EMI Locks will be used without readers where criticality is not there.
- Products with interoperability and adaption of new standards like OSDP (Open Supervised Device Protocol) will rule the market.
- QR codes will be used for Visitor Management and Parking management.
Trends in AV Technology:
The convergence of IP and AV have led to innovations that have helped to enhance the picture qualities with high-resolution techniques and also helped to overcome distance barriers which earlier restricted high-resolution videos to be broadcasted up to limited distances. The innovations which will dominate the AV industry are:
- HD BaseT 5Play and SDVoE defined Video over Ethernet) will be used for converging traffic over IP Networks.
- 4K UHD and 8UHD Contents will create the need for high bandwidth backbone and according to an estimate, around 82% traffic over the internet will be video.
- Laser projectors will dominate the projection market.
- OLED display technology with HDR for UHD 4/8K will dominate the display technology market.
- POE enabled LED lighting will be used.
- Controls will shift from serial to IP and all devices related to AV will be managed over the IP network.
- With the innovation of HD BaseT and SDVoE, networked audio will be the way ahead.
- Automation and Voice Control technologies being used in the home segment (Alexa, Siri, Google Home etc.) will be integrated with the commercial AV space.
- Microphone technologies will incorporate intelligent features like voice tracking; room sensing etc. to enrich user experiences.
Trends in Unified Communications and Telephone:
IP networks have impacted multiple solutions and among the same Communication, solutions are also included. Convergence and new enhancements like SIP have ensured that communications now are not impacted by barriers of distance once you have the IP backbone ready and the same is also leading to enhancement in video traffic. Few trends that will impact communication are listed below
- Analog PBX will be replaced with hybrid (analog +IP)/IP PBX’s.
Digital Trunks will be replaced with SIP Trunks.
- Software-based telephony which will be hosted on virtualized Servers will dominate and hardware-based telephony systems will phase out.
- AI will be a part of voice OS which will ensure smart decision making for the betterment of audio and video quality.
- With the improvement of networking backbones, video on the desk will increase and slowly it will succeed Analog and VoIP telephony.
- Mobile UC with BYOD increasing is going to become the way of life.
- Cloud Telephony will expand its base. Only IP endpoints (hard/soft) will be deployed at the usage location.
- Encryption technologies will improve which will ensure better security of transmitted data.
Trends in Contact Center
SOCIAL, SMS, WEB CHAT AND MOBILE APPS ARE BECOMING CRITICAL TOUCH POINTS ALONG THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY
Chat bots are expected to grow by 200% from 2017 to 2022
Sources – Deloitte, Global Contact Center Survey, 2017; 1 – Dimension Data, Global Customer Experience Benchmarking Report, 2017; 2 – Chatbots Magazine, June 2017